Fremont Postnuptial Lawyer
Have You Gotten Married and are Looking for a California Law Firm to Help You Create a Postnuptial Agreement That Works with Both You and Your Spouse to Build a Foundation for Your Successful, Healthy Marriage?
We Know We Aren’t The Only Family Law Firm in Fremont, But Not All of Them Use Non - Contentious Practices to Work For Both You And Your Spouse to Ensure Your Marriage is Protected and Continues to Be Happy and Healthy.
Did you get married without a prenuptial agreement? You can still enter into a postnuptial agreement to document how you have agreed to divide property in case of a divorce.
The main benefit of a postnuptial agreement is to keep any property you owned before the marriage as non-marital and separate from property acquired during the marriage. Over time, assets tend to shift around and get commingled, and the postnuptial agreement will help document the non-marital assets.
Why Choose Seabrook Law Office For Your Postnuptial Agreement?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 5-Star rating on Google, Yelp & Facebook.
- Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Experienced – Our attorneys have the experience to guide you on your journey to wedded bliss. Determining what to include in your postnuptial agreement may be stressful. We can negotiate the terms of your agreement so that you and your partner feel comfortable.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. You can count on us to give you the honest (sometimes hard) truth about what to expect on the road ahead so that you can be prepared in every way possible.
- Because Your Family and Happiness Are at Stake – Working together toward a fair marriage contract will allow you to go into your marriage on the same page and increase your chances for success.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- Where We Serve You – Our Office is in Fremont, but we accept cases throughout the Bay area. We meet in person or virtually.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? We can provide you with a 2nd opinion on your case.
Ask Us A Question,
Tell Us Your Situation,
Or Schedule A Call
With Our Team.
Call (510) 800-8288(510) 800-8288 or fill out the short form below. We will respond on the same day if you’re reaching us before 5pm – otherwise, next business day. Don’t hesitate: We welcome your questions!
About Postnuptial Agreements
California law allows for legally binding postnuptial agreements. However, you must carefully follow all of the law’s requirements for a postnuptial to be legally binding. Creating a postnuptial agreement has no time limit as long as these requirements are met. Contacting us at any point after your marriage can help solidify your future together.
Items that our family law attorneys may suggest to include in a postnuptial agreement are:
- Alimony award limitations or exclusions to prevent expensive litigation in the event of a divorce
- Penalties and attorney’s fees in the event the agreement is challenged by the spouse
- Specific asset distributions to avoid a judge dividing assets unsatisfactorily
- Assets earmarked for children, especially from a prior marriage
- Division of assets in the event of separation with no divorce
Creating or discussing a postnuptial agreement with your spouse is not an admission that your marriage will end in divorce. However, knowing that divorce is a reality for over 50 percent of married couples can help the two of you come to the table in a reasonable, professional manner to consider such an agreement. Perhaps you have precious non-marital assets that need protecting. Maybe you just want to hammer out a fair deal on alimony while you and your spouse are open to discussion.
Divorces involving individuals with high net worth can be more complicated than most, which is why you should retain a California family law attorney with experience in representing business owners, public figures, and other higher-income clients. We can help you draft a legally valid postnuptial that can preserve your wealth if the relationship doesn’t turn out to be forever. Do not despair if you got married without a prenuptial agreement, as we can also assist with drafting postnuptial agreements.
Client Reviews – Seabrook Law Offices
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“very knowledgeable, and is straightforward in identifying options and recommending the best strategy”, “Paul’s guidance, dedication and savvy saved me and my family”, “not only does he have a heart, he is professional, knowledgeable and honest.”, “Paul made the experience painless and pleasant”, “my experience with him has been stellar”, “upfront and honest”, “you definitely want him on your side”, “always made time for questions and answers”, “well versed and professional with a great attitude”, “outstanding, hardworking and committed team!”, “his professionalism and dedication landed me an outcome I didn’t expect”, “excellent attorney who has helped our family immensely”, “can be counted on for superior guidance, impeccable, representation & flawless execution”, “knowledgeable, realistic, reasonable and trustworthy!”, “Paul went above and beyond to fix any issues”, “Paul Seabrook and his staff went above and beyond for my case”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Seabrook Law is proud to serve Fremont and the surrounding suburbs:
- Los Altos Hills
- Monte Sereno
- San Carlos
- Portola Valley
- Palo Alto
- Union City
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our office at (510) 800-8288(510) 800-8288 with questions and a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office, and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours of the same day. All information you share is confidential.