San Jose CA Prenuptial Agreement Lawyer
Thinking About or Ready to Get Married and Looking for a San Jose Area Prenuptial Agreement Law Firm That Has Experienced Family Law Attorneys Who Can Help You and Your Fiancé Create a Premarital Agreement That Works for Both of You So You Can Build A Foundation for Your Successful, Healthy Marriage?
Why Choose Seabrook Law Office For Your Prenuptial Agreement?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 5-Star rating on Google, Yelp & Facebook.
- Responsive – We pride ourselves on fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Experienced – Our attorneys have the experience needed to guide you on your journey to wedded bliss. Determining what to include in your prenuptial agreement may be stressful. We can negotiate the terms of your agreement so that you and your partner feel comfortable.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. You can count on us to give you the honest (sometimes hard) truth about what to expect on the road ahead so that you can be prepared in every way possible.
- Because Your Family and Happiness Are at Stake – Working together toward a fair marriage contract will allow you to go into your marriage on the same page, and increase your chances for success.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- Where We Serve You – Our Office is in San Jose, but we accept cases throughout the Bay area. We meet in person or virtually.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? We can provide you a 2nd opinion on your case.
Ask Us A Question,
Tell Us Your Situation,
Or Schedule A Call
With Our Team.
Call (408) 560-4487(408) 560-4487 or fill out the short form below. We will respond on the same day if you’re reaching us before 5pm – otherwise, next business day. Don’t hesitate: We welcome your questions!
Prenuptial (Premarital) Agreements in California
California is a community property state and has enacted a Uniform Premarital Agreement Act, which sets forth the requirements for a valid premarital agreement and limits the provisions that a premarital agreement may contain.
Terms of a Prenuptial Agreement
A prenuptial agreement addresses in specific terms many matters, including the following:
- Who gets what assets in the event that you decide to end your legal union
- How finances and assets will be handled during the marriage
- Spousal support terms
- Any business ownership issues
- What to do with your estate in the event that one of you dies
- The handling of gifts, inheritances, or trusts
- Benefits, disability, and insurance coverage
California law does not allow for the inclusion of child support matters in a prenuptial agreement.
A Prenuptial Agreement allows a couple to create a plan for their future guided by practical needs and prevents financial disagreement or misunderstanding before beginning a marriage. Premarital agreements establish what assets are kept separate. They protect spouses from debts incurred prior to marriage and in the event of separation, divorce, or death, define how assets will be divided among the spouse, children, and other family members.
Client Reviews – Seabrook Law Offices
Actual Words Clients Have Used To Describe Us & Their Experience:
“very knowledgeable, and is straightforward in identifying options and recommending the best strategy”, “Paul’s guidance, dedication and savvy saved me and my family”, “not only does he have a heart, he is professional, knowledgeable and honest.”, “Paul made the experience painless and pleasant”, “my experience with him has been stellar”, “upfront and honest”, “you definitely want him on your side”, “always made time for questions and answers”, “well versed and professional with a great attitude”, “outstanding, hardworking and committed team!”, “his professionalism and dedication landed me an outcome I didn’t expect”, “excellent attorney who has helped our family immensely”, “can be counted on for superior guidance, impeccable, representation & flawless execution”, “knowledgeable, realistic, reasonable and trustworthy!”, “Paul went above and beyond to fix any issues”, “Paul Seabrook and his staff went above and beyond for my case”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Seabrook Law is proud to serve San Jose and the surrounding suburbs:
- Los Altos Hills
- Monte Sereno
- San Carlos
- Portola Valley
- Palo Alto
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our office (408) 560-4487(408) 560-4487 with questions, a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours the same day. All information you share is confidential.